Originally posted on The Golden Secrets®:
Each oil is personally made by me with love and light. All oils are organic and pure. The actual recipe must remain a secret but here are some of the benefits this magical oil can cultivate…
* This divine natural fragrance will adapt to your own body chemistry. Creating a beautiful blend, as unique as you.
* This scent can calm, balance, and harmonize your energies and those close to you. It’s refreshing aroma helps to cleanse, refresh, and strengthen the mind and body.
* Once your body adjusts to the synergy of the oil it can attract and entice abundance in all areas of your life.
* The tantric magic of this blend originated from Roman folklore, used as an attraction oil or aphrodisiac to stimulate romance.
* Those that respond pleasant to it are there to stay and those that aren’t should stay away.
Suggested affirmations to recite while applying…
View original 54 more words
Have you every thought to yourself how nice it would be to be able to call upon your guardian angels and/or spirit guides by their names? Chances are you do know their names but it’s a subconscious revelation and you do not bring it forth into the conscious state. Furthermore it’s probably names that you have been drawn to since early childhood or have heard many times before, however that is not always the case.
Guardian angels are celestial beings that have been with you since birth and will remain until death. Spirit guides were once human and have chosen the selfless act of helping you and your guardian angels on your path. They might even be souls that you once new and have crossed over so their names would definitely ring a bell.
How to do it:
This practice needs to be done for three consecutive nights. If you forget a night, then start over on day one and most importantly, your answers lie in your first instinct. Do not second guess yourself.
It is also wise to have a pen and paper or your phone near by upon waking up, so that you can write the first thoughts that come to mind.
1. Say out loud, I welcome my angels and spirit guides to read my thoughts and mind.
2. Please implant your name in my brain upon waking up.
3. Upon waking up and without hesitation, listen and do not question what comes to mind. You may have more than one name given to you and you may hear them on the first morning or not until the third morning.
* When I was a child I thought I saw an angel. It had wings and kinda looked like my sister. I opened the door so some light could come into the room, and it sort of faded away. My mother said it was probably my Guardian Angel. -Denzel Washington
1. Stand tall- One of the first basic principles of ballet is to stand tall. Elongate the entire body by evenly lifting everything up. There is no frumpiness allowed in ballet and good ballet teacher will re-enforce this with a cane! Seriously.
2. Keep your head up– If you look down, you will fall down, unless it is written in the choreography, a ballerina is to maintain a long neck and keep her head up, nose to the sky. Even when the gaze turns downward, it is still done with a long, extended back.
3. Shoulders down– Shoulders tend to creep up when we are stressed or holding tension but it is a ballerinas job to make everything look as if it is effortless so lift everything up except the shoulders. As you lift up, the shoulders push down away from your ears.
4. Belly in– Always lift up and in, especially in the midline. This is your center and power source for everything in ballet. It must remain active and strong at all times.
5. Discipline– Quiet, focus, no complaining and practice until perfection.
*Acquire grace, even when you fall, do it gracefully.
In macrobiotics, the energy and context of everything you eat has a value and a purpose.
One of the most valuable tools I learned through macrobiotics, no matter what I eat, is the power of chewing. Chewing until liquid or chewing once for every tooth you have. This process slows down your eating, which helps your digestive system to properly digest the nutrients and encourages a subtle body. The other concept, that is rarely talked about, is the texture of foods being eaten in relation to how it affects your body. For instance, eating hard, crunchy foods could cause your body to be tight and stiff. Eating soft foods can help your body become more flexible and open. Bringing new awareness to the old sang, you are what you eat.
Here are some tips to help your body become more open and flexible by eating.
1. Flash cook vegetables to make them soft. Boil a little bit of water in a sauce pan and place the vegetables, broccoli for instance, in the boiling water for about 30 seconds or until bright green. Do not overcook, as you will lose the nutritional values. You will see that all vegetables turn a brighter color when cooked perfectly, that is your cue that they are ready.
You can also cook certain fruit to make them softer, such as baking apples for a healthy sweet craving option.
2. More fresh, less packaged foods. The less work your body has to do to process the foods it eats, the better. You can help by choosing organic, unprocessed, preservative free, GMO free foods and chewing your food thoroughly. This of course discludes ice cream, hence it is a soft food but it is loaded with sugar and we are speaking of healthy options here. Anything loaded with sugar can make your body more tight and trigger inflammation.
3. If you are feeling tight, sore or in any pain, lean more towards soups, broths, smoothies and juices…healthy soft foods. Stray from anything that is hard, crunchy or takes a lot of effort to chew and digest like animal products. Begin to notice the connection between the foods you eat and the outcome it has on your body.
* “Notice that the stiffest tree is the most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.” – Bruce Lee
If you are a frequent reader of mine then you know how much I love transparency. I have always been very open about my life and all its windfall. Ultimately that is where I have learned and evolved the most. The Golden Secrets began with me sharing my secrets of overcoming Rheumatoid Arthritis and has evolved into all aspects of my life. Saying that I have always tried to keep an optimistic outlook on life despite its challenges, but that does not mean that I do not break down and have moments of despair. I always strive to be love & light but sometimes it is just not realistic. We all experience many different emotions throughout the day and to always be floating isn’t real. You have to have your feet on the ground to be present and surrender to what you are going through and often that is accompanied by emotions of everything BUT love & Light.
Behind the veil, I am a struggling single Mother doing my best to give my son the best life possible. An entrepreneur starting out a new business and learning much of it as I go. Wondering if my illness will come back. Trying to be super Mom and super friend and super daughter. My point is, we all have a lot on our plates and sometimes a response that is not inline with the ” love and light” is perfectly suitable. Not only is it suitable but it is normal. It would be abnormal if you didn’t get affected or disrupted by life every once in a while. So the constant strive for perfect harmony and balance also includes expressing and feeling your emotions in a non hurtful but constructive way.
1. Let yourself truly feel what you are going through, without feeling the need to act as if everything is ok. People want to be able to relate to you and they may find comfort in knowing that you too are going through challenges.
2. Speak your truth. You are not doing anybody any good by telling people what you think they want to hear or perceive you as. Be honest and speak from your heart. You will gain more respect in the long run for being true and honest with yourself and everyone around you.
3. Refrain from getting stuck in a “monkey mind” or vicious cycle of negative thought patterns. Let your emotions play out and go through the necessary phases. Acknowledging them and then letting them pass.
4. Find someone to confide in. Someone that you feel 100 % safe and comfortable around to open up completely about what you are feeling and going through. Also, be this person for them or someone else.
5. If you are always floating around on cloud nine, people will not take you serious. It is not realistic to go through life like that. It is normal to feel things and have highs and lows.
* The important part is that you always strive to come back to love & light, even if the road to get there is bumpy.
Every cell, organ and tissue is controlled by our nervous system. Our spine protects it, wouldn’t is be a good idea to keep it strong and healthy? Our spine holds us up, supports us, and allows us to be mobile and active. In order to age gracefully we need to make it strong and agile.
Here are some simple exercises that you can do at home to achieve strength and grace.
1. Plank Variations- If you are a beginner then always start on your knees. Otherwise get into a basic push up position. Hold for 30 seconds. Firm your arms and legs, lift up through your abdomen (navel to your spine) and push back into your heels. Kneck long and breath. After 30 seconds, lower half way to (chaturanga) so that your arms are at a 90 degree angle and elbows hug into your midline (ribs). Hold one breath and return back to plank or push up stance for 30 seconds. Repeat 3x taking breaks in downward dog or child’s pose in between but only take a maximum of 3 breathes in a resting pose.
2. Belly time- Lay on your stomach, arms along side your body and feet flat so that you can feel all ten toes on the ground( inner thighs rotate up towards the ceiling) On an inhale lift your chest up off the ground as well as your legs. Try to keep big toes touching, neck long (don’t crank neck up, keep eye line down) and draw your tailbone down to protect lower back. As if doing snow angels bring your arms all the way up over your head, with your palms facing each other, then bring them back down and do that 3x. Repeat entire exercise 3x taking a maximum of 3 breath breaks in between, rotating the position of your head. For instance, your first rest you will have your head turned to the right, the next rest to the left and so on.
3. Staff Pose/Upward Plank- Start sitting on your bum with your legs together and straight out in front of you. Arms alongside your body, directly underneath your shoulders, palms flat with fingers pointing forward. First create as much length as you can in your spine, then on an inhale reach your hips high up towards the ceiling. Arms and legs are both straight and do not move. Ideally your big toes are touching and strive to have the soles of your feet, flat on the floor, but this takes lots of practice. Lift your hips up as high as you can and let your head follow, as long as it is comfortable. This looks like a reverse table top position and is called Purvottanasana in yoga. One breath up and one breath down as slow as possible. Start with 3x in a row and build up to ten. Taking a maximum of 3 breath breaks in between with your chin to your chest.
*You are only as young and healthy as your spine is strong and flexible.
Some people have forgiveness confused. Forgiving someone has nothing to do with the other person being right, instead it has everything to do with your health and the weight that carrying around hatred does to you. Irregardless of the details as to the situation that occurred that requires forgiveness, when you forgive it all becomes irrelevant. And it is not about getting the last word in, or karma, or revenge, it is about focusing on how you can be a better person by putting positive energy into the world and if you can do that you will rise up and fly beyond whatever used to affect you.
Here are 3 tools to help you get to that place.
1. Retrain your brain- If you find yourself pondering on a negative thought, acknowledge it, change it and replace it with a positive one and move on. Over time your thought pattern will become less and less affected by negative thoughts of people or situations and you will become more optimistic.
2. Silence is Golden- How beautiful is it to stay silent and calm when someone expects you to be engaged and enraged? No matter the situation, never let your emotions overpower your intelligence. When you choose not to react and let people or situations upset you, they become powerless and that is where you become powerful.
3. Visualize- Now this is the hardest of the three tools but by far the most effective. Remember before I tell you what you need to do, energy is energy, what you put out, you get back. It has nothing to do with winning or being right or them wrong. Now….Imagine the person that hurt you, on a stage, receiving all the accolade and wishes they have ever desired. If just the thought of this makes you sick, then you NEED to do this more than ever. Each time you visualize this positive occurrence happening, you will begin to release the pain, begin to feel weightless, happy, start the process of true forgiveness and you yourself will be the one receiving all the wishes granted.
* Forgiveness is essential to optimal health, however forgiveness and consciousness go hand in hand. Just because you forgive someone does not mean you need to befriend them or hang out with them again. You can send them love and positive energy from a distance.
Today is a very special day, as there will be a solar eclipse, a new super moon and spring equinox. The eternal triangle! A trio of magical goodness that you can use to your advantage if you plant the positive seeds of affirmation today.
In history, Friday has always been a chosen day for love spells as it is considered the “day of Venus” governed by love and new moon spells have a symbolic essence to them, as they are the beginning and with each day grow bigger.
Supplies you will need: Sage or incense, a candle, herbal tea, pen and paper, magazines, pictures, scissors, glue, poster board,crystal or other piece of jewelry or trinket you love.
1. Set the mood by lighting a candle and making yourself a cup of herbal tea. Always begin a ceremony with a cleansing of the space. You can do this by burning incense, sage, or other herbs (smudging) symbolizing the start of your spell, intention, or manifestation.
2. Speak aloud that you want to gain clarity and have a clear vision to move forward with your goals and dreams. And that you want what is best for the highest good of your soul’s development and all concerned.
3. Begin writing down your desires. Do not hesitate or feel selfish. This is your time to ask the Universe. Don’t worry how she will get it to you. It can be one word at a time or a more elaborate explanation. There are no rules, except remove doubt.
4. Create a vision board with your most imPOSSIBLE dreams. Be sure to not have any sad, depressed, images on there and not more than one lover image, unless of course you seek that. Have the board signify everything you desire and want in life.
5. Finally, hold a crystal in your hand (or a trinket,or jewelry that you love) and put all that positive energy into the crystal. While holding the crystal recite what you wrote down out loud and look at your final vision board. Finish with the way you began, by burning sage and a closing prayer, thanking the New Moon Goddess for all of her blessings.
* At this New Moon, plant seeds for the Universe to tend. Set your vision upon the stars.
Most of you know that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and my inspiration and mission that started this blog was to have a platform to share the secrets that have helped me overcome and thrive. Now I have had the privilege to team up with My Intent , an amazing organization where their mission is to be a catalyst for meaningful conversations and positive energy through the process of creating your own “intentions” on a bracelet and/or necklace. All the sales of the bracelets will be going to a charity very close to my heart, The Arthritis Foundation.
The Arthritis Foundation’s mission is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases. They are constantly advocating for those suffering from various forms of Arthritis and immune disorders. Supporting scientific research to find a cause and a cure and connecting people who are facing challenges with living with these diseases and empowering them how to stay active and be health conscious.
There are more than 50 million Americans living with arthritis. Two thirds of the people are under the age of 65, including 300,000 children. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the United States. Arthritis can take many forms, but three of the most common are Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Juvenile Arthritis.
There is no cure or cause for Rheumatoid Arthritis and over a period of time, the chronic pain, stiffness and lack of mobility caused by inflammation can cause severe joint damage and deformation. In most people, the inflammation usually becomes systemic, affecting other organs such as the skin, heart, and lungs . 1.5 million have Rheumatoid Arthritis and woman are three times more likely to get it than men.
It is expected that by the year 2030, an estimated 67 million American adults will have arthritis.
What can you do? How can you help? Buy a My Intent bracelet or necklace now!
My mantra and hashtag is #BeGolden and that is the intention I chose to put on My Intent bracelet. #BeGolden means to be the best version of YOU! Flaws, disease, imperfections and all. To embrace who you are and with that, be successful, prosperous, thriving, radiant, and superb. It took me a long time to get to this place and I want to embrace it in hopes to inspire you to do the same!
* We are all in this together. What affects one of us will eventually affect all of us.
In the last couple of years, homeopathy has been revived and a lot more people are using it as a form of treatment for all sorts of illnesses. More and more people are seeking and looking for holistic, natural ways to heal. I always say, nature first and I want to teach and encourage people to do the same. There is still a lot of mystery, misunderstanding, and oblivion about homeopathic remedies. I hope to enlighten you.
Here are 10 facts about Homeopathy so you can incorporate it into you and your families health plan.
1. The origins of Homeopathy date back to the Greek physician Hippocrates in the 5th century BC. He was revolutionary in his thinking because he was the first to think that disease is the result of natural, external forces, not from the Gods. He is known as the Father of Medicine and considered the individuals specific symptoms when choosing a remedy and believed that the body had the power to heal itself.
2. Homeopathy does not just cover up the symptoms of an illness but rather works by helping the body’s defense system to help itself. It is a safe, natural way to treat the Whole Body with no negative side-effects. If you chose the wrong remedy, it will simply not work.
3. Homeopathy treats the whole person, taking into account the unique physical and emotional constitution of each person. So even though two people may have the same illness, depending on their constitution they may require different remedies.
4. Like cures like. Homeopathy is based on this principle, called, Law of Contraries, meaning, an illness should be treated by a substance capable of producing opposite symptoms in a healthy person. Or similar symptoms to those being suffered by the sick patient.
5. Homeopathic remedies are made from all sorts of things from plants, animals, earth extracts to common foods such as onions and dried fruit. There are also several toxic remedies such as snake venom, mercury and black widow spiders.
6. There are 15 key remedies that have a wide-range of uses for general ailments and long-term conditions as well. These 15 remedies correlate with 15 most common constitutional types based on a persons emotional, physical attributes along with personality, temperament, fears, food preferences and general features.
7. There are 30 common remedies used for general, minor, everyday complaints and even some chronic illnesses. There are 105 minor remedies that are greatly valued for specific conditions, yet some are still not widely available.
8. The more diluted a remedy is, the stronger it is. This is shown by the number or potency. A less dilute remedy is not as strong and has a lower number or potency. Examples; 3c, 6c, 12c, 30c
9. It is best to take one remedy at a time. If an illness is acute and there is no underlying cause, then one remedy should do the trick. Chronic illnesses, however, might require an acute remedy followed by a constitutional type remedy.
10. Three things to keep in mind when taking a remedy.
1.Try not to touch the remedy. Most remedies come with a screw cap to be poured directly into the mouth.Otherwise use a clean spoon.
2. Do not eat or drink within 30 minutes before or after taking a remedy to ensure its effectiveness.
3. Certain foods and scents can antidote a remedy such as: coffee, alcohol, tobacco, mint, citrus, spicy foods, and heavy perfumes or cleaners.
* Homeopathy has remained largely unchanged since its introduction some 200 years ago. It remains as a safe and effective way to treat a wide range of common, everyday ailments. Always follow the stated dose and consult a medical professional if a complaint worsens.
I believe that each of us emit qualities of certain animals throughout our lives. I also believe that different animals come in to help us on our journey when we steer off track or need guidance. Sometimes we need to be as free as a bird and other times, ferocious as a panther. Tuning into different animal strengths during different phases of our lives.
These animals are totems or spirit animals. Many of us know what spirit animal guides we have within us or surrounding ourselves already because we have been drawn to them since adolescence. Maybe collecting jewelry or artwork of a particular animal or feeling you carry the same qualities of a certain animal. Spirit animals might be animals you often dream of or that you constantly see in a particular time of your life, sending you a message of guidance. New animals will and can come in during different times in one’s life but generally most of us have a handful of spirit animal guides in a lifetime.
Here is a meditation/relaxation technique to find out yours.
This will not work if you hesitate and question yourself, just let your imagination go & your first instinct guide you.
Get in a comfortable position, preferably lying down. Let go of anything you are touching or holding onto and let your body completely relax into the earth. Start at the top of your head, moving downward towards your feet and with each exhale release and let go. Letting your body completely relax and become heavy with each breath. Let thoughts come in, acknowledge them and let them go. Notice your bellies rise on the inhale and lowering on the exhale. Now imagine yourself walking in nature. Maybe you see green grass, maybe you see more of a desert theme or a body of water. Look all around, circling in a 360 degree view and take in all of your surroundings. There is no wrong answer, go with your first instinct. When you look in a distance you see a very large tree. A tree of life, as such, all by itself. As you walk towards the tree you feel the wind on your cheeks and you take in and acknowledge the scent of the air. With each step closer to the tree you start to see all different types of animals around and in the tree. Go with what you see, do not question anything. There is no animal too big or too small. As you look up and down and all around more and more animals start to appear. There is no fear, as all the animals are all together in harmony. You stay and connect with each and every animal spirit that shows itself, taking time to implant that energy into every cell of your being to harness it when need be. You listen closely for any message each animal spirit guide has for you. Once your heart is content, you lay down under the tree and take a nap. You take three deep inhales and slowly blink open your eyes. Slowly let your body come to and know that you have your animal kingdom and tree of life to go to whenever you need it.
*There are many great voices of wisdom but not all of them are human.
I grew up dancing for hours a day in a strict ballet environment. The strong discipline that is needed to practice such long hours each day created a high thresh hold for pain. No matter how tired, over worked, or injured I was, I was always taught to fight or work through my pain and keep going. I didn’t realize that most of my discomfort was caused from having rheumatoid arthritis. At the time, I didn’t know I had rheumatoid arthritis and ignored all the symptoms and ailments, assuming they were caused from my rigorous dance schedule. Eventually the symptoms progressed so rapidly that I became bed ridden and had no choice but to finally listen to my body. Changes needed to be made and I had to start working on myself internally and make dramatic life style changes. Being in constant pain from rheumatoid arthritis has taught me more that any other life lesson. Pain has been one of my greatest teachers.
Here are 5 ways that you can change your perception towards pain and let it be your greatest teacher.
1. Pain brings us to the present moment. There is nothing like a throbbing joint or aliment that can bring us to the present moment. We can be going through our day, then bam! our back goes out or a migraine kicks in. All of a sudden nothing else matters, except for that moment. Therefore it slows us down. If we don’t listen then the symptoms will progress and it will force us to slow down and be present. Truly living in the present moment and slowing down before the pain happens can possibly prevent health ailments to begin with.
2. Pain humbles us and puts our ego in check. So many of us go around as if we are bullet proof, super heroes but pain immediately has the ability to humble us. Pain makes us human. It creates a modest behavior that in turn, makes us very admirable and gives us the opportunity to build good character. I always say my auto- immune disease is part of my charm.
3. Pain creates compassion. There are so many people living with debilitating or life threatening diseases that have pain on a constant basis. When we are in pain ourselves, in comparison, it really puts things into perspective and teaches us to have compassion for those that live in pain daily or are less fortunate.
4. Pain creates gratitude. Appreciating the days when we are healthy and happy could be lost if it is not for the sick days every once in a while. We could take for granted our abilities but when we have pain we are reminded to have gratitude. Being grateful for everything, even the pain.
5. Pain makes us more health conscious. Some of the healthiest people in the world are those living with auto immune diseases. That is because the repercussions of eating poorly or taking poor care of themselves is instantly felt. They know that having a healthy life style directly affects how they feel. So pain is a reminder to be conscious of the choices of food we put into our bodies to create less dis-ease.
What we resist will persist. Embracing our pain and listening to our bodies signals can prevent future health problems. Having gratitude, compassion and kindness to ourselves and every living being creates ease and abundant health. Let pain be your teacher. A blessing not a curse.
* If we are wise enough to listen to our bodies when pain erupts then it will not be painful, it will become painless.- Jesse Golden
Originally posted on The Golden Secrets®:
In Chinese astrology each year represents a different animal. There are a total of 12 animals that cycle. Your animal is based on what year you were born. Click here to find out.
Beginning February 19, 2015 we move into the year of the Green Wood Sheep (goat/ram) the 8th animal in Chinese astrology. Under the yin influence, the sheep is a symbol of peace, balance, harmony, and calmness. Some years/animals are more suited for each sign but tuning into each animal can help you make the most out of each year.
Heres some ways to do that:
1. This will be a year that more will be accomplished intellectually than physically. Having more compassion and kindness will go a long way, as the sympathetic sheep displays.
2. Practicing self-awareness, mindfulness, and focus is very important this year. The sheep makes great stride when it is determined and focused…
View original 173 more words
How I Healed Myself From Rheumatoid Arthritis
I always saw myself as a strong athletic woman that could get through anything. I grew up as a ballerina, dancing hours a day in my Mother’s dance studio. The rigorous dedication that it took gave me the discipline to push through pain, despite injury or illness. As I got older and became a Mother, I found a more delicate way of life through yoga and decided to become certified in 2008. During my certification, my body gave up on me and I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Having never heard of the illness and despite my concerns and apprehension towards western medicine, I took my doctors orders and started treatment right away. Most rheumatologists believe in treating the disease vigorously with harsh immunosuppressants, increasing the chance of remission. My body rejected the pharmaceuticals and the lines became blurred between the disease itself and the medicines side effects.
My journey continued and the pendulum swung the other way as I gave up on western medicine and did everything Eastern to heal myself. I gave my entire life to the Macrobiotic way of life. I became a Guinea pig and investigated every aspect of my physical and spiritual lifestyle. I hit rock bottom, eventually unable to walk and at 5.10 I was barely 100 lbs…. Unable to move or care for myself, I had no quality of life, that is when the real work came in. With a microscope I became my own doctor. The tools that I acquired during this time is what eventually got me to where I am now. There is no pill or remedy, it is an ongoing lesson. I have been in remission for several years now and thrive on sharing the wisdom that I attained during one of the hardest times of my life.
Here are the top 5 things I did to heal myself.
1. Diet- It’s not just about becoming a vegetarian or being gluten free, although those may be. It is a mixture of things unique to you. Taking into consideration your heritage, your blood type, where you live and your personal experience with certain foods. Being aware of allergies or negative reactions to certain foods. Often what we love most is what we are allergic to or what is causing the pain and inflammation. One man’s food can be another man’s poison. If your instinct is telling you its not good for you, then listen to it because it is probably right. The sicker you are, the cleaner your diet needs to be.
When I got sick, the first thing I did was take away the most common predators. These included meat, wheat, alcohol, dairy, sugar, and caffeine. I literally thought my life was over and I would never be able to enjoy these foods again but that is simply not the case. Once your body resets itself and becomes more alkaline, you can slowly start to reintroduce the foods in moderation.
2. Lifestyle- Take a good look at your lifestyle and the people in it. Toxic environments or relationships are like poison to the body. Everybody is predisposed to certain illnesses but our environment and lifestyle can trigger them and bring them about sooner than need be or at all. Positive changes in your daily routine need to be made in order for their to be positive changes in your life.
Once my health was in jeopardy this became very evident to me and my days revolved around healing myself back to health. Yoga, meditation, body scrubs, acupuncture, epsom salt baths, affirmations and prayer all became part of my daily routine. I shifted into a constant state of gratitude for every little step towards wellness. I was on a strict Macrobiotic healing diet and eating became my medicine. I was taught that the energy I put into the food would come back ten fold, that it had to be alive and vary in color and vegetables, chewing thoroughly until liquid, and set times to eat were 8:30 a.m., 12:30p.m., and 5:30 p.m. with remedies and tinctures in between. My body went through a major healing crisis but I have never been more clear and I was willing to do anything in my power to get better.
3. Fitness- I find that most people with autoimmune diseases are attracted to high intensity workouts and pushing themselves to the extreme. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes the immune system to over respond, causing pain, inflammation and eventually deformation. Over working the body can entice the immune system to over react. Finding a gentler way to move on a daily basis is key and when the body is not physically able is when you need to listen and go internal and do the work within. I started practicing moderate exercises every day, like simple stretches to keep my joints lubricated and mobile. I would take many walks/shuffles because most days I could only get to a slow 90 year old women shuffle by about 3:00 p.m. but I believed I had to keep moving as painful as it was, to stay on top of the disease. It’s finding that balance that I never knew before, between pushing to hard and just enough. On days where walking was not an option is where the real magic happened and I had no choice but to be still. At first I wanted to jump out of my own skin not being able to move and be physical but I didn’t listen to my bodies signals to slow down so my body made me listen by giving me no choice.
4. Boundaries- Setting boundaries and limits on expectations for yourself and others. Knowing it is ok to say no and not help everyone in need and most importantly not having guilt when you do say no. Self care and self love is not selfish, you can not serve from an empty vessel. I truly learned these boundaries when I became a Mother. I could no longer say yes to everyone, as my son was my number one priority and I was simply not able, but until him I never felt worthy to say no on my own. Know that you are righteous and having self love and boundaries is vital for your journey to optimal wellness.
When I was sick, setting boundaries with people became vital for my health. I never wanted to appear weak to others. I prided myself on being a strong, independent women that could do anything herself and help others as well but my old ways of living no longer correlated with my new life. I had to humbly ask for help instead of helping others and learn to take care of myself first and that required practicing self-love.
5. Don’t compare yourself to others- Everybody has their own regime or recipe to have their body work at it’s optimal performance. You are a rare piece of china and need to be treated as one. You are a sensitive antenna and feel everything on a higher vibration so you need to protect yourself and treat yourself with love and compassion. Refrain from comparing yourself to what others are able to get away with in abusing their bodies. Treat your body as you would a child or baby and nourish it with good foods, compassion, and lots of love.
* The ability to heal yourself is far greater than anybody has given you permission to believe.
Exciting news!!! The Golden Secrets has gone mobile and is now available at the App Store. The Golden Secrets app is a convenient way to stay connected to the latest updates and posts. Get your free download here!
My motivation has always been to try to help others and not having the ability to answer all the emails and calls I get from people desperate for help, I started The Golden Secrets in hopes to share on a broader scale, the tools and secrets that I have acquired not only on my journey back to health but in all aspects of my life experiences. I truly believe that every challenge we encounter throughout our lives is an opportunity for us to create more light. The Golden Secrets is everything health, beauty, fitness, parenting, spirituality, elevating consciousness and empowering you to find your own path to fulfillment and optimal wellness.
*Every day I wake up with a plethora of secrets I can’t wait to share.
This is the final stage. The stage that kept our grandparents together for over 65 years. The stage where real true love is derived from. Once you have gone through all the gunk and mess of finding out about each others wounds and tics and go through the lessons that your partner puts right in front of you, you come to a place of selfless/unconditional love. Choosing to love that person, knowing all their flaws and strengths and being by their side no matter what. It has depth and substance in comparison to the first honeymoon phase. There is lust and passion like never before built from all the experiences you have gone through together. You can’t imagine your life without this person and you find gratitude in every day spent together. It is a choice everyday and everyday you choose love.
*Forever is not a word…rather a place where two lovers go when true love takes them there.
Epifany-This person can be my greatest teacher
You decide to start building bridges instead of walls. You realize that you truly love this person more than anything in the world and instead of pointing the finger at them you start using the mirror they gave you to start making changes on yourself. You accept the work that is ahead and know that anything worthwhile isn’t easy. You respect and love yourself and your partner and your relationship becomes the foundation for everything else to flourish. Communication, compassion, compromise and acceptance of oneself and each other becomes your creed. The sparks between you two become ignited and onto stage 5…
*True lovers aren’t the ones who are desperately trying to change each other, but the ones who are successfully growing up together.
All of your energy has been focused on your new relationship. You realize you have been neglecting yourself. You used to take care of yourself more by eating healthy, working out, accomplishing work goals but instead of taking responsibility for this change, you blame your procrastination on your partner. Furthermore, instead of confronting the issue head on and talking towards a resolution, and building a strong bridge that connects the two of you, you start building walls. You start working against each other instead of with each other. Intimacy starts to slow down and real life starts to take center stage again. Although all those “real life” things were always there all of it just seemed better in the beginning of the relationship. Now your partner becomes last on your list of priorities and the repercussion of all these built up emotions opens up old wounds that you thought were healed. This intensity scares you and fear starts to creep into your thoughts. This is the time where you can choose love or fear. You can not live in both. This is where you see your partner, raw, open and broken and if the breakdown becomes a breakthrough then on to phase 4.
* “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.”-John Lennon
After some beautiful time on cloud nine, reality starts to seep in. The honeymoon buzz dwindles down to a low hum and you start seeing those “things” you never saw before. Maybe the person had been doing them all along but you were so doped up on adrenaline and dopamine you chose not to see them. Now you start questioning who this person really is. Is he or she good enough? Do they have baggage? I didn’t like his or her response when I said so and so. You step back and question everything. Maybe you slow it down a little bit and instead of not wanting a minute to pass without seeing that person, you actually want a day to yourself. This is when you decide if the feelings you have for this person are strong enough to bare the road ahead. Knowing it will not be easy, you choose to move forward….and onto phase 3.
*Love is a meeting of two souls, fully accepting the dark and the light within each other bound by the courage to grow thru struggle into bliss.
Ahhh the honeymoon period. You know that feeling when you have met someone you really like and you get butterflies just thinking about them. You find yourself day dreaming and dancing on cloud nine. Hormones overflowing with excitement, you seem unable to sleep and your appetite is completely suppressed. Everything you have ever wanted to do in your life now seems possible. This blissful stage is the time in a person’s life that movies are written. It’s the reason why people do crazy things, like move across the world or make other drastic life changes. It’s a whirlwind of everything is perfect and this person could do no wrong in my book. It is one of the most natural intoxicating highs of life that we all crave. However, we could not exist forever on this cortisone plane of lust. It will only last for so long, as it should. On to phase 2…
*When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. William Shakespeare
Love! A human being can not live without love. First and foremost love for yourself. Love is truly what makes the world go round, what breaks us, rebuilds us, and fills our lives with hope.
Our first love is often felt from our Mothers. If we are lucky, we will feel love not only from our Mothers but from our fathers, grandparents, siblings, friends, children of our own and ultimately partners. Some love is organic, primal, unconditional right from the start, as such with a child. But what screws us up most is the image we have in our heads about how love in relationships are supposed to be or look. Love doesn’t look like it is always betrayed…blissful, effortless, perfect harmony. Love is complete madness, it’s fierce, it’s opening up every wound and scar, it’s raw, it’s filled with lessons, it is a gift that gives us opportunities to grow, evolve, love, and be loved in return. The greatest relationships are the ones that we never expect, challenge our every view, that are all wrong and right at the same time. If we can look at every relationship as an opportunity to become a better person then no relationship is wasted. Ideally when you come out of it, you are not be the same person that walked into it. Love takes courage, understanding, and falling in love with yourself first then sharing that love with someone who appreciates and accepts you and after all that, someday all your broken pieces just might be put back together. True love isn’t found it is built one moment, one word, one gesture at a time.
Starting tomorrow, I will take you through the 5 stages of Love. If you are in a relationship, I suggest reading the steps with your partner each day and if you are single you can begin to gather anything that resonates with you for when you choose to begin a relationship.
I am certainly not the expert on Love and relationships but Love does fascinate me and I have experienced all sides of the complicated, whirlwind that Love can bring. I only hope to share some secrets that I have learned along the way that may help you and your quest towards true love.
* To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow- this is a human offering that can border on miraculous. -Elizabeth Gilbert
It is inevitable that there will be times, days or weeks where life is stressful. The truth is, the stresses in life will always be there but they don’t have to affect your quality of life. You can choose to look at the positive and learn ways to cope and transmute stress as it comes up.
Here are some ways I have found that help me deal with everyday stresses.
1. Take one problem at a time.
2. Categorize issues as they come up. Ask yourself, what can I do? Will worrying and stressing help this situation?
3. Only deal with things you can change or do something about. If it is out of your control then let it go.
4. Talk to your friends about what is stressing you out. Let them see the bigger picture and be open to their advice.
5. Do not sit in solitude and run the same sequences though your head. Keep yourself focused on positive things going on in your life and go do them.
6. Find solace in prayer. You do not have to be religious to pray. You can pray to the universe or in affirmations, as if what you are asking for has already been granted.
7. Write down your ideal outcome for a situation to gain clarity. Let go of doubt and let your ideal outcome be so.
8. Maintain routines for meals, sleep, and exercise. Nourishing your body with good foods,getting adequate sleep and staying active will help you relieve stress.
9. Make it a rule to let go of the day after 8 p.m. or before dinner. Do not dwell on problems after a certain time of the day.
10. Breath, walk, hug, laugh, cry, be present and surrender.
*Stress is caused by being HERE but wanting to be THERE. -Eckhart Tolle
It seems most people desire a golden tan. Spending hours in the sun only to get burned or end up with sun damage. Or attempting self tanner, only to look orange and then spotty for days after.
People always compliment me on my skin color, yes I have my parents to thank but I have noticed a lack of glow and color when I am not doing my little tricks that I have acquired over the years.
Shhh….don’t tell but these tips are about to make you a Golden Goddess or God.
1. Iron (ferrous sulfate)- Make sure you are getting enough iron. Iron deficiency can cause you to feel tired, forgetful and pale. Yes, pale! Because iron helps with blood cells and brings oxygen to your body. Efficient absorption of iron is needed to have color to your skin. It is best to get your iron from iron rich foods such as chicken liver, mussels, and oysters being at the top of the list but if you have a more sensitive pallet, turkey, chicken, beans and veggies such as spinach and broccoli are other great sources. If you feel you may be low in iron, then it is wise to get a blood panel done by your doctor to see if you need extra supplementation.
2. Beta carotine– Proof is in the pudding….when my son was a baby, I gave him too many carrots and sweet potatoes and well he turned orange! This is seen more in babies because at first their diet consists of mostly vegetables and not much of anything else. I recommend drinking at least a cup of carrot juice a day and yams or sweet potatoes once or twice a week for a tint of color.
3. Astaxanthin– Astaxanthin is an antioxidant that gives salmon and flamingo their pink hue. It will also give you a golden glow and helps remove scars and age spots. Eating salmon alone will not give you the benefits of Astaxanthin, as you would have to eat massive amounts. Saying that, salmon has numerous other benefits and should be eaten regularly. Read more about Astaxanthin here.
4. Sweat– Sweat it out and release toxins from your body to make your skin glow. I always say my skin looks best after a steam or an amazing yoga class where I sweat. I call it my “yoga glow”. Sweat releases toxins that would otherwise not be able to be released. Bringing blood to the surface, opening up your pores and letting your skin breath and shine.
5. Sun– Yes you do need some sun. It is healthy and vital in small doses. I love the sun and when I don’t have it, I miss it. Growing up in Chicago I would get very sad during the long winters so I am very grateful to now live in sunny California. Saying that, I used to believe that the sun had to be blazing in order to reap it’s benefits. That is simply not true. I believe in being in natural sunlight at least 20 minutes a day even if it is overcast. Click here to read more benefits of sunshine.
6. Hydration– Hydrate internally and externally. Be sure to drink adequate amounts of water and electrolytes. I am a big fan of coconut water as it is more hydrating than Gatorade and a lot better for you. Moisturize daily with a chemical free, natural moisturizer. Organic coconut oil is great! Dry skin can make you look ashy and grey. Hydrate from the inside out with lots of veggie juice, herbal teas, kombucha, and coconut water.
7. Body Scrub– I am a huge advocate of scrubbing and I mean scrubbing until the skin is red. This is practiced regular in many Asian and European cultures to get rid of dead skin cells and help release toxins, creating smooth skin. I used to think that scrubbing would fade my tan but it is quite the contrary. It brings blood and circulation to the surface, which creates a beautiful natural tone to your skin color.
* No matter what shade of skin you have, if you nourish your body with good foods, love and light then you will glow from the inside out.